Beef Bone Broth & Veggie Pot Pie
Since family gatherings will be limited to zoom and holiday meals, like this year, will linger on, we've created a bite-sized, on the go and uber comforting beef bone broth and veggie pot pie in partnership with Brandi Chang, author of Family Style cookbook. You'll be able to eat away during your next zoom meeting or just indulge while spending some more quality time watching TV. Like our on-the-go bone broths, you'll be sure to be comforted with every, bite so you can extend that cozy, holiday feeling.
Want to top off your pot pie with something special? Check out our beef bone broth gravy recipe that will be sure to get you glowing from the inside out.
- 1 cup of gluten-free flour
- 6 ½ tablespoons butter
- 3-5 tablespoons of water, cold
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ cup of Beauty & The Broth Beef Bone Broth Concentrate
- ½ cup of unsweetened plain almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup of arrowroot starch
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ sweet onion, diced
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- ½ cup of carrots, diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ head of broccoli, cut into bite sized florets
- ½ cup of frozen peas
- ½ cup of frozen lima beans
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 F
2. To make the crust: In a medium bowl, add the flower, vegan butter, water, and salt. Mix until combined and dough is formed. Remove and place between two pieces of parchment paper. Roll flat. Cut into the shape and size of the skillet or individual baking dishes. Set aside.
3. To make the roux: In a small saucepan over high heat, heat the bone broth, almond milk, nutritional yeast, arrowroot starch, and salt. Whisk for 2 minutes until smooth. Bring to boil, then let simmer and whisk occasionally. Remove from heat and let thicken in the pan.
4. To make the filling and assemble pot pie: Meanwhile, in a pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil and sauté the onions, carrots, celery, and garlic until translucent. Reduce heat to low and add steamed broccoli, peas, lime beans, thyme, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Cover and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add in the prepared roux. Stir and transfer into skillet or individual baking dishes.
6. Cover with the unbaked pie crust. Use your fingers to pinch the edge of the pie crust against the skillet or dishes. Make a slit in the top. Bake for 15 minutes, remove and let cool. Serve warm.