Sweet Potato Chicken Broth Concentrate Soup
We're kicking off the first week of our Glow Challenge by making this Sweet Potato Chicken Broth Concentrate Soup! We've teamed up with professional soccer player, Lauren Sesselmann, to whip up this sweet dish. We made this soup with a few special ingredients that are high in antioxidants, which bring about beauty-boosting benefits like glowing skin and healthy complexion. A cup of this sweet soup will get you glowing! Pro tip: make a big batch so you have dinner prepared for a few days. 😉
- 3 sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 tsp turmeric root
- Ginger, about 1-inch finely grated
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Kale, 1/2 bunch
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 15oz. can coconut milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- Red curry paste, to taste
- Lemon juice, to taste
1. Dice the onion and garlic, grate the ginger and add to a medium-size pan, with a dash of olive oil. Sauté together on low to medium-heat for about 8 minutes. Add the red curry paste and sauté together for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. In a large pot, combine Beauty & the Broth chicken broth concentrate, diced sweet potatoes, turmeric root and cayenne pepper. Place the pot on the stove on low to medium-heat and bring to a boil, about 20 minutes. Once it boils, add the coconut milk and cook together, until boiled. Remove from heat.
3. Place the sweet potatoes mixture in a blender and blend until smooth consistency.
4. Add the kale and cilantro to the large pot, along with the onion mixture and blended sweet potato mixture. Stir together. Add lemon to taste.
5. Serve warm & enjoy!