Herb Roasted Turkey Legs
There's no doubt that turkey legs are one of my new favorite foods. All the turkey goodness is yours without any hassle. This oven-roasted, flavorful and juicy herb-roasted turkey leg is perfect when a whole turkey is just too much food or you are cooking for a smaller group.
Try this delicious recipe with these simple steps.
Herb Roasted Turkey Legs Ingredients:
FOR THE BRINE:
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. dill weed
For the Turkey Leg:
- 3 large turkey legs
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. dill weed
- Dash sea salt
- Combine all brine ingredients in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir to combine and bring just to a boil. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Place the turkey legs in a large resealable plastic bag and pour the brine over the turkey legs. Seal the bag and place in the refrigerator (I usually put the bag inside a baking pan just in case it ever leaks). Allow the meat to marinate for 12 hours or longer.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Rinse the turkey legs, pat dry and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the olive oil and seasoning and stir to combine.
- Take each turkey leg and gently pull up the skin and rub some of the oil mixture onto the meat with your hand, and then coat the skin with some of the mixture as well. Place the turkey legs on a wire baking rack over a baking pan (to catch any drippings), and place in the oven.
- Cook the turkey legs for about 45 minutes, turn over and cook another 45 minutes (or until the center reaches 180F on a meat thermometer). If the skin is not as crispy/brown as you want it, you can set them under the broiler for a couple minutes on each side.
Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!