Slow-Cooked Beef Bone Broth Chili
Add some serious glow to your Super Bowl menu! We’ve added a special slow-cooked twist to the fan favorite slow-cooked Chilli dish by incorporating our Beef Bone Broth Concentrate! Making it delicious, healthy and whole-body hearty. It’s guaranteed to receive high-scoring reviews from all your guests!
- 2 tablespoons ground chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder (optional)
For the chili:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef, preferably ground chuck
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 (15-ounce) cans dark pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup Beauty & the Broth Beef Broth Concentrate
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
For serving (optional):
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Chips or crackers, such as Fritos, tortilla chips, saltines, or oyster crackers
- Sour cream
- Sliced green onions
1. Make the chili seasoning. Place the chili powder, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, and chipotle chili powder in a small bowl. Whisk with a fork to combine.
2. Preheat the slow cooker to LOW setting and allow it to heat while the beef browns.
3. Brown the ground meat. Heat the oil in a large 10- or 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the beef, season with the salt, and use a stiff spatula or wooden spoon to break the meat up into large pieces. Let the meat brown without moving for 4 to 5 minutes. Break the meat up into smaller pieces with your spatula and continue to cook until mostly cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes more.
4. Transfer the browned meat to the slow cooker. Add at least 3 tablespoons of the chili seasoning (save the remainder for another use). Add the beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, and broth. Stir to combine.
5. Cover and cook the chili on the LOW setting for 8 hours. Avoid stirring it too often or you'll break down the beans.
6. Stir in the cider vinegar just before serving. Serve with garnishes if desired. Enjoy!