Cozy Vegetable Soup
This cold, winter weather calls for a big warm bowl of soup! We partnered with Brandi Chang, author of Family Style Cookbook that turns comfort foods into healthy meals, to make this super simple, immunity-boosting Cozy Vegetable Soup using our chicken broth concentrate. This soup is filled with nutrient dense ingredients that boost each bite with health. A great way to make a quick, healthy meal to enjoy on the cold nights!
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 3 bunches kale
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 3 carrots
- 1 red onion
- 1 zucchini
- 1 celery
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Beauty & the Broth chicken bone broth
- red pepper flakes
- salt & ground black pepper
1. In a large pot over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic, onion, celery, carrots, salt, and pepper to taste. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
2. Add the zucchini, mushrooms, sweet potatoes, and kale. Cook for 2 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add the bone broth and bay leaf, then simmer covered.
3. Cook for 30 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender. I like to keep the pot on the stovetop, off the heat but fully covered to allow the vegetables to soften further.
4. Remove and discard the bay leaf before serving. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.