Chicken Sausage and Butternut Squash and Apples
Chicken Sausage and Butternut Squash and Apples is the best way to start your day! Chicken Sausage, Apples and butternut squash are paired together for an excellent one-pan dish that you can make during a busy weekday. Try this out!
- 11 ounces sliced chicken sausage
- 3 cups frozen or de-thawed butternut squash
- 2 diced apple
- cinnamon, nutmeg, and garlic powder to taste
- Maple Syrup
Prepare squash in oven the night beforehand (for a quicker cooking time in morning/ but can prepare morning of) or buy it already chopped up.
1. Cut up and dice apples
2. Line pan with coconut oil
3. Put the apples in a pan with the butternut squash and season it generously with cinnamon, nutmeg, and garlic powder
4. sauté apples, butternut squash, spices, and coconut oil for 5 minutes.
5. Add in sausage and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes ( can put sausage in earlier if frozen)
6. Cover pan when needed to get the butternut squash nice and soft
7. Recipe should be ready when you get tear and mush down into the butternut squash
8. Take the recipe off the stove, put it into plates and add maple syrup