Chicken Enchiladas with Chicken Bone Broth Concentrate
Happy National Protein Day! Treat yourself today with our Protein-Packed Chicken Enchilada dish! We've incorporated a special ingredient, our chicken bone broth concentrate, to add an extra punch of protein to fuel your body with long lasting energy. This delicious, healthy meal is great to enjoy after a long day at work, or after a killer workout to ensure you are replenishing your body with protein, an important macronutrient. Don't forget to add some salsa and avocado on top!
- 4 cups shredded chicken cooked
- 2 cups sour cream or yogurt
- 1 cup milk or coconut milk
- 4 Tbsp flour or white rice flour
- 1 ½ cup Monterrey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 4oz can chopped green chilies
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 tortilla wraps 10 inch
- 1 cup Colby cheese shredded for topping
1. In a small saucepan, mix the chicken bone broth concentrate and milk or coconut milk over medium heat. Once heated thoroughly, whisk in the flour and allow to thicken. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside and reserve about a cup of the sauce for the topping.
2. Chop the onion while you wait for the sauce to cook.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the broth mixture, chicken, sour cream (or yogurt), 1 ½ cup each Monterrey Jack and Colby cheeses, green chilies and onion. Mix well.
4. Place ½ cup of the mixture on each tortilla; roll up and place seam side down in a 3 quart oblong baking dish. Be sure to add the broth mixture to each tortilla.
5. Spread any extra broth mixture over the top thinly.
6. Bake at 350 F for 20 - 25 min.
7. Remove from heat and sprinkle with 1 cup Colby cheese and continue baking for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
8. Add any additional toppings, serve and enjoy!