Bison and Brussels Sprout Pie
Introducing Bison and Brussels Sprout Pie. A mouth-watering pie for you!
Taste buds are the best and surest way to the heart - that's why I'm sharing this mouthwatering pie. Each bite is packed with nutritionally-dense Brussels sprouts, hearty bison meat, Beauty and the Broth and more healthy ingredients ––a treat you'll always want to come back for!
Try this out!
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, chopped
1 pound ground bison
1⁄2 cup beef bone broth
3 tablespoons coconut aminos
4 cups chopped baby kale
2 cups spinach
4 cups halved Brussels sprouts
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon ground cumin (after first 30 days)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
4 large sweet potatoes, cubed and steamed
1⁄4 cup canned full fat coconut milk
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. To the oil, add the garlic, onion and bison. Cook for 5 minutes, until bison is brown.
3. To the skillet, add the next 8 ingredients (broth through rosemary) and stir well. Cook for 10 minutes, until bison is cooked through and vegetables are tender-crisp.
4. In a large baking dish, pour the contents of the pot and set aside.
5. In a large bowl, mash the potatoes with the coconut milk and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
6. Spoon the potatoes over the baking dish evenly and put in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes, until the potatoes are brown on top and the bison mixture is bubbling.