Birria Tacos: Spice Hack x Beauty & the Broth
We partnered with Chef Fernando Cruz, Head of the Culinary Department at 1 Hotels South Beach and Owner of Spice Hack to put together this Birria Taco Recipe! Made with our beef broth concentrate and Unhackable spice seasoning by Spice Hack, these tacos are irresistible! Check out the recipe below to learn how to make them:
Spice Hack x Beauty & the Broth Birria Tacos
3 Boneless Short Ribs
1 small bottle Unhackable, Spice Hack
1/2 cup olive oil
2 yellow onion, chopped
5 garlic cloves, smashed
3 Ancho Pepper, seeds removed
3 Guajillo Pepper, seeds removed
6 Chile de Arbol, seeds removed
3 Pasilla Pepper, seeds removed
3 Bay leaf, whole
5 Cloves, whole
1 Cinnamon Stick, whole
3 Roma Tomatoes, quarter cut
2 Chipotle Peppers + 1TBL of the liquid
1 bunch chopped cilantro
1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
2 pouches of Beauty & the Broth beef broth concentrate
Water, as needed
Salt, to taste
Border or Spice Hack for Garnish!
1. Season oxtail, brisket, and short ribs with salt, pepper, and unhackable.
2. Add oil to pressure cooker, sear meat until golden brown, then reserve / remove.
3. Add a little more oil, onion, garlic, peppers, bay leaf, cloves, and cinnamon sticks and cook until onions are translucent, and the peppers looked caramelized.
4. Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes to release some of the moisture from the tomatoes.
5. Add chipotle peppers and cilantro, cook for 1 minute.
6. Bring back the meat to the pressure cooker and mix with the veggies.
7. Deglaze with apple cider vinegar and cook down for 1 minute (pot should be very hot).
8. Add the Beauty & the Broth beef broth concentrate.
9. Add water (the liquid level should cover all ingredients, up to 1 inch above them).
10. Set pressure cooker to cook for 1 hour.
11. After 1 hour, release pressure from the cooker and remove the meat.
12. While shredding the meat, keep the pressure cooker running and reduce the liquid for about 10m to get a more intense flavor.
13. Add the meat back tot the liquid and get the tortillas!!
Thank you Chef Fernando for this incredible recipe. Enjoy!