Auto-Immune Compliant Tres 'Leches'
* 1 Cup of unsweetened almond milk
* 1/2 cup coconut oil )
* 1/4 cup of olive oil
* 1/4 tbsp of fat
* 2 tsp apple cider vinegar (or other vinegar)
* 1 cups coconut flour * 1 cup almond flour
* 1/4 cup Cassava Powder
* 2 tbsp tapioca flour
* 1 tbsp vanilla extract
* 1/2 tsp almond extract
* 1/2 tsp kosher salt
* 1/2 cup monk fruit sweetener
For the soaking syrup:
* 1 cup coconut cream
* 1 14- oz . can full-fat coconut milk , refrigerated overnight
* 1 cup Oat milk (If AIP COMPLIANT, Use Almond Milk again)
* 1/4 cup maple syrup
* Coconut shreds
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Mix the dry cake ingredients together in a large bowl using a hand mixer. Add the wet ingredients to the bowl and mix until well combined.
3. Pour into an 8x8 greased OR THE BIGGER ONE IS FINE the pyrex (GREASE WITH THE 1/4 TBSP OF FAT) , parchment-lined dish.
4. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, mix all the ingredient for the soaking syrup including the maple syrup for the soaking syrup. Mix until the mixture thickens
6. Once the cake is done, allow it to cool on a wire rack, then poke the top of the cake with A BUNCH OF HOLES EVERYWHERE with a fork. Make a lot of holes!
7. Slowly pour the condensed coconut mixture over the cake (take your time with this) so that the milk soaks into the holes in the cake.
8. Top the cake with touches of cinnamon and coconut shreds
9. Refrigerate the cake immediately after