AIP Beef Bone Broth Recipe
Bone broth is nutrient-dense, excellent therapeutic food to treat inflammation, leaky gut and associated conditions. A single food can provide so many benefits, but bone broth provides the nutrients our bodies need to work its magic on them and speed up healing.
Sharing with you the AIP Beef Bone Broth Ingredients and Recipe, try this out!
* 10 lbs grass-fed marrow bones
* 2-3 lbs shank
* 3 tbsp peppercorn
* 12 quarts of water
* 5 tsp himalayan salt
* 2.5 garlic
* 23 oz onion
* 26 oz leek
* 26 oz carrot
* 20 oz celery, sliced
* 1.5 oz thyme
* 1.5 oz rosemary
* 5 tbsp dried tarragon
* 1.3 cup apple cider vinegar
- Measure out water and apple cider vinegar. Place the 4 lbs of bone in water, vinegar, and 1 tsp salt and leave it soaking, while the rest of the bone are roasting.
- Preheat the oven at 400. In a baking tray place the beef shanks and 1/3 of the bones and season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tbsp peppercorn. Place in the oven and roast. When the meat is roasted and very dark color, add to the water with bone, put the lid one and LEAVE IT, turn on stove to low heat. Simmer for 6 hours.
- In the same tray you roasted the meat (leaving the fat content) add the garlic, leek, onion, carrot and peppercorn, roast for 45 min. During the 30 minute mark of the vegetable roast, take them out and mix it around in the fat and put it back in the oven for the remaining duration.
- After the bones have been simmering for 6 hours add the roasted vegetables as well as the rosemary, celery, and tarragon and let simmer for 12 hours covered with lid.
- Then turn off the heat, take off the lid and add the cooling paddle, the broth needs to cool down to 70F within two hours.
- Using a chinois strain the broth into food storage container. Make sure to actively push down contents to strain the most broth.
- Before either using the broth at the store or vacuum sealing the jar scoop with a spoon 80% of the fat off.