Left Continue shopping
Your Order

You have no items in your cart

Free Shipping On All U.S. Based Subscriptions!
Mold Awareness Month: What You NEED To Know (No, Really.)

Mold Awareness Month: What You NEED To Know (No, Really.)

Mold Is Highly Toxic - Learn What You Can Do To Get Rid Of It.

Mold exposure can lead to serious health risks. Mold and mildew usually form in moist areas. It usually shows as slimy black spots, fuzzy white patches, or a slick orange film. There are about 1,000 species of mold in the US and over 100,000 species worldwide. Asthma and allergic reactions are just some of the health issues that can be induced by mold and mildew, especially among seniors. From allergy-like respiratory symptoms to even cancer, mold has the potential to inflict severe harm on exposed people. And while many symptoms may seem mild at first, they can develop into significant and potentially life-threatening medical concerns down the road if the mold exposure persists.

As the weather begins to cool in expectation of the fall season, indoor air quality is a concern that building and business owners must address as damp weather returns. Commercial facilities, schools, pharmaceutical labs, and more can use temporary humidity control services to control moisture intrusions; the resulting mold could pose serious health risks and financial implications.

What Exactly Are Molds?

Molds are a common word for fungi. Molds are microscopic organisms that produce enzymes to digest organic matter and mold spores to reproduce. These organisms are part of the fungi kingdom, a realm shared with mushrooms, yeast, and mildews. In nature, molds play a key role in the decomposition of leaves, wood, and other plant debris. Molds need moisture to grow.

What Are Mycotoxins?

Mycotoxins are toxic vapors produced by mold spores when they sporulate, or grow, and have serious health effects on humans and animals. Mycotoxins are so toxic that they have been used as a biological war weapon. Stachybotrys chartarum is the most studied and well-known toxic mold. It is known to produce trichothecene mycotoxins. Aspergillus produces aflatoxin mycotoxins. Aflatoxins are among the most carcinogenic substances known.

Why Are Mycotoxins So Dangerous?

Mycotoxins enter the body through inhalation, ingestion, or contact with the skin, and can result in a multitude of symptoms including but not limited to: dermatitis, cough, rhinitis, nose bleeds, cold and flu-like symptoms, headache, general malaise, and fever.

Mycotoxin exposure can lead to toxic injury that may include multiple illnesses, affecting the skin and the nervous, vascular, respiratory, digestive, reproductive, urinary, and immune systems; including the formation of cancers, and can be life-threatening. Certain species of molds, known as “body temperature molds” can thrive inside the human body, causing recurring infections and numerous other health problems. In fact, in certain cases, infection with these molds can lead to a fatal outcome. Yes, we mean death.

 How Can I Stop Mold From Growing In My Home?

Check the house for mold. Look for leaky pipes or plumbing issues that can cause moisture in areas like the attic, basement, bathrooms, and garage. If you see any leaky pipes, repair them instantly and check the area for mold. To prevent further mold growth, you need to regularly ventilate the rooms in your home. Ventilate the bathroom by running the fan for at least 30 minutes after using the shower or bath to help keep the area dry. If you think you have a serious mold issue, you should call an expert to have your home inspected. The faster you treat and remove mold from your home, the sooner your health can be restored.

If you've been holding off on inspecting your home, this is the time to stop procrastinating. Take this blog as a sign. There's no reason to wait for the mold to grow out of control, raising your risk of disease and damage to your property. Prevent any future mold growth. 

Ask For Experts To Help

Call the experts. Let them put their training, experience, and professional-grade equipment to work to safely treat and kill mold as quickly as possible so that your home and health can be restored. They have the know-how and the equipment to address mold damage in your home quickly, safely, and completely.

Make sure that mold exposure can't affect you, your family, or your home's structural integrity. Knowing how to address mold in your home can help you prevent costly home damage while also preventing health damage to your family. Trying to get rid of mold on your own can be not only ineffective but also very dangerous. For example, if you use products containing chlorine, this can lead to the creation of dioxin, which is a very cancerogenic substance. 

Call the experts. 

Leave a comment

Please note: comments must be approved before they are published.

Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/social-head-common.liquid